Australia’s ACCC posts alert regarding button battery safety

The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) posted an alert regarding safety of button batteries. ACCC, via its Product Safety Australia website, posted two videos, outlining the story of a boy who swallowed a lithium button battery and tips for Australian parents to protect their children from swallowing such batteries. ACCC estimates that, each week, four children present to an emergency department with an injury related to a button battery. As part of its campaign, ACCC offers a fact card and a poster outlining safety tips. The agency can also be followed on Twitter and Facebook. For more on safety of button batteries – in Australia and globally – contact C&R!
This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.