Job Title: Data Architect
Reports to: Head of Technology
Location: Ireland/EU – Home/office, flexible
Compliance & Risks is looking for a skilled and passionate Data Architect to manage all aspects of the data layer powering our flagship product C2P. Compliance & Risks’ value proposition is at the intersection of the structured regulatory content production and the powerful technology that helps clients make products that comply with regulations and standards worldwide.
Data Architect will ensure highest standards of data integrity and quality, support efficient content creation, automate data pipelines and troubleshoot data-related issues.
You will be joining a remote team based in Europe and the USA.
We focus on delivering business value by practicing Agile development principles – frequent delivery, rapid feedback from users and analytics, valuing failures for learning opportunities they bring, transparency in decision-making and minimal tolerance for politics.
We strive for technical excellence by keeping technical debt under control, maintaining a fully functioning continuous delivery pipeline, a suite of unit and acceptance tests and an automated one-button deployment.
We value work / life balance by encouraging sustainable pace of development, flexible working hours, and setting enough time aside to take care of your physical and emotional well-being.
Data Architecture and Engineering
- Become intimately familiar with the data model of the product
- Working across teams, establish and maintain best data management practices that meet the needs of content creators and information consumers.
- Design and implement data extraction, transformation and analysis pipelines
- Develop ad-hoc and regularly scheduled reports and KPIs
- Iterate and ship ideas quickly with minimal direction
Maintain Technical Excellence
- Deliver high-quality, performant and maintainable code with appropriate level of test coverage.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Keep track of emerging technologies and tools. Work with the Head of Technology to develop and carry out training plans.
- Learn and use source control (Git), content creation (Airtable), issue tracking (JIRA), and collaboration (Google Apps) tools adopted by the team and the company.
Collaboration with Others
- Collaborate across organization with the Product, Development, QA, and Client Success teams
- Follow processes and conventions of the team
- Be compassionate and helpful to your teammates
- Meet your deliverables
- Ask for help when you are stuck
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Deep proficiency in designing data models and data warehouses with relational database systems
- Mastery of SQL
- Experience with one general purpose programming language (e.g., Java, Python, Groovy)
- Uncommon attention to detail and perseverance
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience writing and maintaining ETLs which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools
- Experience with distributed data processing systems (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow).
All applicants must apply using this link.