Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Cork, Ireland
Date Posted: 11th December, 2019
Our rapidly expanding organisation is seeking a Marketing Manager to join the Management team and lead our Marketing function as Compliance & Risks takes its next step on our global expansion. Having had a track record of growth averaging 20-30% year on year, we are seeking a leader to join our team to create and execute a marketing strategy that will move the growth needle to 30-40%.
Job Purpose: Lead the marketing function to support the company’s corporate objectives and growth strategy to execute a Software as a Service(SaaS) subscription based growth model. Position us as the preferred global regulatory solutions provider within target industry sectors. Devise and implement strategies to successfully communicate our value proposition to key decision makers and influencers. You will be responsible for crafting and executing multi-channel campaigns to engage buyers at every stage of their journey, and tracking and reporting on the success of these campaigns. You will generate high-quality leads that turn into customers while ensuring we leverage best and scalable practices in achieving great results. You will work closely with our sales, product marketing, brand, marketing operations, and demand generation teams to produce high impact campaigns that acquire, engage, nurture, and convert leads into customers. Drive client retention, loyalty & advocacy.
A successful candidate should have proven experience in building and executing measurable and successful demand generation programs/campaigns. We are looking for a self-starter who can both design a strategic demand generation plan and then execute with precision. We are looking for an experienced, ever-curious marketer who embraces the art and the science of demand generation and is driven by results.
- Drive all marketing best in class demand-generation practices that drive revenue growth on a global scale
- Grow brand awareness and trust and deepen relationships with both new and existing contacts
- Design and execution of marketing programs to generate demand that results in new clients. Build and manage a calendar for demand generation programs
- Managing and reporting on the marketing and sales funnel for all programs, including volume at every stage, conversion rates between stages, and velocity from inquiry to sold
- Using scalable and repeatable processes and techniques
- Understanding and reporting on ROI of all marketing investments. Continually optimizing spend and marketing mix
- Ensuring marketing tactics are used in an integrated manner – including email, web seminars, calling campaigns, live and virtual events, social media, digital marketing to create an awesome, integrated experience at each stage of the buyer’s journey
- Obtaining a deep understanding of target markets and buyers so that we are engaging the right people in the best possible way to achieve results
- Ability to represent demand generation plans to a wide range of stakeholders, including sales teams and executives
- Actively solicit inputs from key stakeholders regarding demand generation campaign plan requirements
- Support corporate objectives within key industry sectors through initiatives such as sector specific trade shows and conferences, as well as the development of case studies and entering awards to further enhance our credentials
- Deliver the funnel of high quality marketing qualified leads to the lead generation and sales teams and work with sales to ensure the funnel is constantly optimized to ensure opportunities are converted
- Work with our business intelligence analyst to refine and communicate a clear understanding of the overall market we operate in and agree our definition of where we fit in the bigger Governance Risk and Compliance industry sector. Gain a deep understanding of the segment we are in and how this defines our bigger corporate strategy
- Understand our current market penetration in key sectors and to size future growth. To support business planning for new verticals
- Collate, analyse and share competitor intel to support corporate strategy and support sales opportunities
Content Marketing & Thought Leadership
- Develop a comprehensive content marketing strategy to communicate our value proposition and drive profitable action by creating and implementing a comprehensive editorial calendar covering news, webinars, white papers, eBooks, case studies, website content, newsletter, infographics and videos, and the promotion of these via digital marketing
- Ensure content is produced to support the full sales cycle from initial lead to closed won and repeat business
- Measure the success of the various activities and report monthly
- Develop and support a thought leadership program to drive brand differentiation and support sales objectives in key sectors including the management of a speaking calendar and analyst programme, and the company blog, as well as supporting the development of internal subject matter experts (SMEs)
People Management and Leadership
- Motivate and lead the marketing team and operations focussing on success and business objectives
- Influence the business from a marketing perspective to do the right thing to grow our market share
- Act as the senior demand generation expert at the company creating best practice processes and innovating to take the company to new heights
- Manage internal communications across a disparate workforce
Prior Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree advantageous.
- 7-10 years in B2B demand generation, SaaS & Martech preferred with min 3 years experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrable experience leveraging modern marketing tenets to build a multi-channel demand generation engine.
- Go-to-market development planning ability.
- Demonstrated results in improving volume, conversion, and velocity through the marketing and sales funnel.
- Deep understanding and experience with marketing automation systems, nurture tactics, buyer personas and lead scoring, and other key marketing principles.
- Experience with marketing automation tools and customer relationship management tools
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence others with and without formal authority and build partnerships within the organization ability to build strategic partnerships and work closely with sales.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Obsessed with metrics – monitor results of campaigns, reporting and optimizing for new and better campaigns linking back to tangible KPIs (growth)
- Track record of supporting Sales Organisations in the “Challenge Sale”.
- Ability to take a complex proposition and simplify.
- Appreciate and support the need for supporting collateral (from elevator pitch through ROI and proposal).
- Prior experience with the Video / Blogs/ Podcasts a plus
- Prior experience with automated chat tools a plus.
To apply for this position please click here.