The National Standardization Agency, Indonesia (BSN) has notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) of an amendment to its mandatory national standard for toys.
Regulation of Minister of Industry No. 55/M-IND/PER/11/2013 concerning Revision of Regulation of Minister of Industry No. 24/M-IND/PER/4/2013 concerning Mandatory Implementation of SNI for Toys, establishes the following amendments:
- The exclusion of HS Number 9403.20.90.00;
- Article 3, which set up the procedure of issuing SNI Certificate and SNI Marking;
- New article between article 3 and 4 become article 3a;
- Article 5 about testing performance;
- New article between article 11 and 12 become article 11a;
The date of entry into force of the regulation will be officially implemented on 30 April 2014.
For more on Indonesia’s toy safety requirements , Ask Our Experts!