Comply with Chemical Safety Requirements
Chemicals pose a wide range of health hazards such as irritation, sensitization, and carcinogenicity, and physical hazards such as flammability, corrosion, and explosibility. Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) deals with the safety, health, and welfare of people from exposure to hazards resulting from work activities.
Chemicals and EH&S: Occupational Health & Safety
Sources in C2P
Understanding Chemical Safety in the Workplace
Chemicals and EH&S: Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) is concerned with protecting the safety, health, and welfare of people in the workplace from chemical hazards. Worker exposure to chemicals is regulated by the following:
Hazard Communication: Education and Training
- Information about identities and hazards of chemicals must be available and understandable to workers.
- Employers with hazardous chemicals in their workplaces must have labels and safety data sheets available for their exposed workers, and train them to handle the chemicals appropriately. The training for employees must also include information on the hazards of the chemicals in their work area and the measures to be used to protect themselves.
Occupational Exposure Limits
- Employers are required to identify and evaluate the hazards of exposure to chemicals in their workplaces. Various types of Occupational Exposure Limits (OELs) have been established, like Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs) and Recommended Exposure Limits (RELs).
Benefits of using our Chemical Safety Requirements Solution
- Effectively Manage Regulations on Hazardous Chemicals
- Ensure Compliance with Chemical Safety Standards
- Maintain Employee Health and Safety in the Workplace
Our Coverage of Chemical Safety Regulatory Compliance
Our regulatory content in C2P is historically comprehensive with a robust QA process to ensure quality, consistency and accuracy. Below is a high level summary of our coverage for this topic:
- USA: Occupational Safety and Health Standards, Hazard Communication, Rules, 29 CFR 1910.1200, 1994
- USA: Occupational Safety Standards for Toxic and Hazardous Substances, 29 CFR 1910.1000-1499, Subpart Z, 1974
- China: Occupational Hazard Communication and Warning Signs Management, Code, 2014
- China: Occupational Exposure Limits (OELs) for Hazardous Agents in the Workplace Part 1 – Chemical Agents, Standard GBZ 2.1-2007
- EU: Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Substances and Mixtures, Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008
- EU: Indicative Occupational Exposure Limit Values Directive 2000/39/EC
- Brazil: Program for Prevention of Environmental Risks in the Work Place, Regulatory Standard No. 9, 1978
- Brazil: Activities and Operations Carrying Health Risks in the Work Place, Regulatory Standard No. 15, 1978
All-in-one Chemical Regulatory Compliance Solution
- Comply with EU REACH
- Regulations on Chemical Management
- Chemical and toxics substances in finished products
- Keep Track of Environmental Legislations on Chemicals
Learn more about our Regulatory Coverage
Speak to one of our team today for more information on our regulatory content.