Chemicals in Products
Our coverage of chemicals in products focuses on chemical substances in finished products, such as electrical and electronic equipment, batteries, packaging, in addition to articles treated with biocides.
Our chemicals in products topic in C2P covers proposed, new and enacted regulations and supporting documents on chemicals in finished products, paying particular attention to regulatory measures on prohibited or restricted chemicals substances, and on biocidal substances in treated articles that protect articles from harmful organisms like pests, mold and bacteria.
The spectrum of global legislation addressed in this topic is wide, encompassing international instruments such as the Stockholm Convention on POPs (persistent organic pollutants), the Minamata Convention on Mercury, and the Montreal Protocol on ODS (ozone-depleting substances). It also includes regional regulations such as EU REACH (Annex XIV on authorisation and Annex XVII on restrictions), EU RoHS, EAEU Packaging and RoHS Technical Regulations; China RoHS, California RoHS and Prop 65, and many more.
The topic also covers regulations requiring:
- Communication of information on the safe use of the products containing restricted substances to users
- Warnings to inform users about their exposure to such substances when using products containing them
- Reporting and notification to competent authorities (i.e REACH SVHC; SCIP under the Waste Framework Directive)
- Authorization for the manufacture and use during a certain period of a restricted substance in a specific product (REACH Annex XIV)
- Rules applicable to biocidal treated articles (i.e. registration, authorization/approval, labeling), etc.
Learn more about our Regulatory Coverage
Speak to one of our team today for more information on our regulatory content.