Any reference to “we“, “us” and “our” is to COMPLIANCE & RISKS LIMITED (registered number) 356948 whose registered office is at Unit 9, Eastgate Avenue, Eastgate Business Park, Little Island, Cork, Ireland and any of our affiliate and subsidiary group companies.
For the purpose of the GDPR and Data Protection Acts including 1988, 2003 and 2018 (the “Act”), we generally act as data processors in relation to information received from our customers including information entered by our customers into our online global regulatory compliance software called “C2P“. We act as data controllers in relation to information received from our employees, contractors and investors.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information that we collect from you will depend on the services that you are using or providing. The information that we collect includes:
- Information you enter on C2P. C2P is a global regulatory compliance tool with the majority of content covering regulatory standards, assessments and documents. In certain circumstances we may process personal data on C2P where you choose to enter it in order to avail of the service. This information may include anything you choose to enter on C2P, for example, any of the following details relating to you or another individual, name, job title, date of birth, telephone number, performance criteria, tasks, comments, issues, demographics, complaints, subject access requests, preferences and interests. The information you enter on C2P includes documents which you attach and store on C2P.
- Data Partner Information. When you register as a Data Partner providing expert commentary on C2P you will provide us with certain information relating to you for your profile. This may include your name, email address, telephone number, photograph and biography.
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, apply for a job, invest in our company, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employment details, resume and curriculae details, financial information (relevant for investors) and personal information and opinions.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. Some of the cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can amend your browser’s settings to prevent cookies being accepted by it. Please be aware that if you do disable cookies however, certain services on our site will not be available to you and your use and enjoyment of them will be impaired.
We use the following cookies:
|_ga||Google Analytics – website usage statistics|
|_utma||Google Analytics – website usage statistics|
|_utmb||Google Analytics – website usage statistics|
|_utmc||Google Analytics – website usage statistics|
|_utmz||Google Analytics – website usage statistics|
|__hstc||Hubspot – signup form|
|hubspotutk||Hubspot – signup form|
|__hssc||Hubspot – signup form|
|__hssrc||Hubspot – signup form|
|__hs_opt_out||Hubspot – signup form|
|__hs_do_not_track||Hubspot – signup form|
|__hs_testcookie||Hubspot – signup form|
|hsPagesViewedThisSession||Hubspot – signup form|
|messagesUtk||Hubspot – signup form|
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. The information that you provide to us may be used in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to administer the services required for your account on C2P. If you are a user of C2P your information may be visible to other users of the same business account;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which you have already used and/or new goods and services only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- if you are a data partner we will display the information you have provided to us with your profile. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to revise your profile information. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We do not request (nor encourage you) to submit sensitive data to our site, (i.e. data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political or religious opinions, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life, the commission of any offence or related documentation). If, however, you choose to do so then you consent to our processing this data in the manner set out in this policy.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our affiliates and subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act (Ireland) 1963.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, of that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these third party websites. Please check the policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection legislation. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com . You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.