This topic captures key documents such as Action Plans, Strategies, Roadmaps, Consultation Documents, Position Papers, and Reports, as well as proposed and enacted legislation, concerning the circular economy.
Sources in C2P
The concept of the circular economy aims to keep resources in use for as long as possible and has a broad remit, touching on many diverse areas of regulation. Our coverage of the circular economy allows you to track regulatory developments at a high level, focusing on global developments in this area.
The circular economy is gaining traction globally and represents a shift from traditional linear economies, where take-make-discard is the norm. It is a recognition of the un-sustainability of such an approach based on continual consumption of finite natural resources and has the worthwhile objective of keeping resources in use for as long as possible, encapsulating the thinking of reduce, reuse and recycle.
Our regulatory content in C2P is historically comprehensive with a robust QA process to ensure quality, consistency and accuracy. Below is a high level summary of our coverage for this topic:
- EU: New Circular Economy Action Plan for a Cleaner and More Competitive Europe, Communication, March 2020
- EU: Leading the Way to a Global Circular Economy – State of Play and Outlook, Staff Working Document, March 2020
- Ontario (Canada): Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act, Chapter 12, Statutes of Ontario 2016
- Mexico: Approving General Law on Circular Economy, Draft Decree, November 2019
- Uruguay: Circular Economy Action Plan, September 2019
- France: Anti-waste and Promotion of Circular Economy, Law 2020-105
- China: Promotion of Key Consumer Product Upgrades, and Smooth Resource Recycling Implementation Plan (2019 to 2020), Notice No. 967, 2019
Learn more about our Regulatory Coverage
Speak to one of our team today for more information on our regulatory content.