China Proposes 2021 Catalogue of Demonstration Guide for Key New Materials
On 29 October 2021, China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) proposed a new Catalogue of Demonstration Guide for Key New Materials (2021).
This catalogue covers 350 types of new materials that are widely used in different industries and products. The industries and products include, among others, vehicles, new energy vehicles, pressure vessels, the chemicals industry, IT equipment, medical devices, 3D printers, and textiles.
The 350 types of materials are separated into advanced basic materials, key strategic materials and cutting-edge new materials.
Advanced basic materials cover the following types of materials:
- Advanced steel materials
- Advanced nonferrous metals
- Advanced chemical materials
- Advanced inorganic nonmetallic materials
- Rare metals
- High-performance targets materials
- Other new materials
Key strategic materials cover the following types:
- High-performance fibers and composite materials
- Rare earth functional materials
- Advanced semiconductor materials and new display materials
- New energy materials
- Materials for biomedical and high-performance medical devices
Compared with the previous version, this proposed version removed 121, revised 86, and added 140 types of materials.
Sign up to our newsletter to stay on top of the latest developments in Chemicals in Products and more from across the globe!
Market Insights straight to your inbox
Join 30,000+ product compliance & market access experts around the world