Product Safety Compliance Solutions
We offer a comprehensive collection of global proposed, enacted and amended laws and regulations covering general product safety and those focused on specific products.
Sources in C2P
Why Product Safety Matters More Than Ever
A paramount consideration for manufacturers placing products on the market is the safety of their products. Laws and regulations in countries worldwide promote the principle that only safe products should be placed on the market, and set out legal obligations on safe design and production of products, as well as appropriate warnings and labels, provision of information, reporting obligations and corrective actions.
The EU boasts a mature framework when it comes to product safety providing for product specific legislation for certain categories of products e.g. electrical appliances, machinery, and gas appliances. Medicine and food have their own regimes. For other consumer products, the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD) provides rules where no specific sectoral laws exist, and provides general safety requirements for non-food consumer products.
Unsafe Products & Risks of Non-Compliance
Non-compliance can have serious implications for companies from product recalls and fines to, potentially, culminating in criminal prosecution.
Business Benefits of Compliance
Uninterrupted market access with more opportunities to expand that market.
Product Safety in the Manufacturing Industry
The product safety topic in C2P provides extensive coverage of global product safety legislation from general product safety laws and regulations to those focused on specific products.
We cover legislation on the safety of:
- Safety Regulations on Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- Consumer Product Safety Requirements for Children’s Products
- Gas Appliances Safety
- Pressure Equipment Safety Regulations
- Product Safety for Constructions Products
Our Coverage of Product Safety Regulations & Standards
Our regulatory content in C2P is historically comprehensive with a robust QA process to ensure quality, consistency and accuracy. Below is a high level summary of our coverage for this topic:
EU General Product Safety Directive (GPSD)
- EU: Low Voltage Electrical Equipment, Directive 2014/25/EU
- EU: General Product Safety Directive 2001/95/EC (GPSD)
- EurAsEC: Approving Technical Regulations on Safety of Machines and Equipment, Decision No. 823, 2011
- EU: Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Sweden: Additional Provisions to EU Regulation on Gas Appliances, Regulation SFS 2018:1179
USA Consumer Product Safety Act
- USA: Consumer Product Safety Act, 15 U.S.C. 2051-2084, 1972, As Amended 1994
Global Product Safety Requirements
- Canada: Safety of Consumer Products Act, c. 21, 2010
- UK: The Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations, SI 2016/1105
- United Arab Emirates: General Product Safety, Federal Law No. 10, 2018
Your End-to-End Product Safety Compliance Solution
- Chemical and Safety Regulatory Compliance
- Consumer Product Safety
- Environmental Safety Compliance
- Global Product Compliance Software
Learn more about our Regulatory Coverage
Speak to one of our team today for more information on our regulatory content.