Ecuador Issues Draft Revision of Fluorescent Lamps Regulation
Ecuador has released a proposed revision to the technical regulations for fluorescent lamps. This technical regulation establishes safety, performance and energy efficiency requirements for compact and tubular fluorescent lamps. This revision adds tubular (straight) fluorescent lamps to the scope of RTE INEN 036. The revision will enter into force 180 days after it is published in the official journal.
This technical regulation applies to the following fluorescent lamps up to 200 W, whether they are imported or manufactured domestically:
- Compact fluorescent lamps with independent ballast (LFCN).
- Compact fluorescent lamps with incorporated ballast (LFCI).
- Tubular fluorescent lamps with one cap.
- Tubular fluorescent lamps with two caps.
This technical regulation does not apply to the following fluorescent lamps:
- Lamps for insect control.
- Lamps for medicinal applications.
- Lamps for research.
- Lamps as light sources of ultraviolet or infrared radiation.
- Lamps associated with lighting but intended exclusively for applications other than the lighting for visual purposes of the human being.
- Lamps for automotive use.
If you would like to find out how you can stay on top of regulatory issues related to energy efficiency or product safety, Talk to Us today!