Update to Medical Device Regulation Brazil, RDC No. 810, 2023
Authored by DENISE MCDERMOTT, senior Regulatory Compliance Specialist, Compliance & Risks
In August 2023, the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency, published Resolution RDC No. 810, 2023, amending Resolution RDC No. 751 of 2022 which described labeling requirements and other instructions for use for medical devices. Resolution RDC No. 810, 2023 entered into force on its publication date, on 18 August 2023.
Resolution RDC No. 810, 2023
Resolution RDC No. 810 aims to regulate the requirements on importation of new medical devices. Specifically, this amendment adds further information to Article 60 of RDC No. 751, and states that medical devices and their accessories can be imported when their dates of manufacture precede their dates of notification or registration in Brazil. This is permitted provided the time passed does not exceed five years, and that such devices are strictly in accordance with ANVISA’s conditions of approval and in compliance with current legislation.
Moreover, the resolution states that import processes must be accompanied by a declaration issued by the notification or registration holder attesting to the fulfilment of all requirements. Importantly, the Resolution states that the provisions of this amendment apply to the import process filed with ANVISA from 18 June 2023.
For persons affected by this change, they may present additional documentation required under the terms of this Resolution for technical analysis and approval and the deadline for such is 16 November 2023.
Overall, this Resolution simplifies processes for medical devices companies, however, it is still crucial that imported medical devices continue to meet quality and safety requirements at all times.
- Brazil: Labeling Requirements and Other Instructions for Use for Medical Devices, Resolution RDC No. 751, 2022 – Amendment – (on the importation of medical devices) Resolution RDC No. 810, 2023
- Brazil: Labeling Requirements and Other Instructions for Use for Medical Devices, Resolution RDC No. 751, 2022
Stay Ahead Of Global Medical Device Regulatory Changes
Accelerate your ability to achieve, maintain & expand market access for all products in global markets with C2P – Your key to unlocking market access, trusted by more than 300 of the world’s leading brands.
C2P is an enterprise SaaS platform providing everything you need in one place to achieve your business objectives by proving compliance in over 195 countries. C2P is purpose-built to be tailored to your specific needs with comprehensive capabilities that enable enterprise-wide management of regulations, standards, requirements and evidence.
Add-on packages help accelerate market access through use-case-specific solutions, global regulatory content, a global team of subject matter experts and professional services.
- Accelerate time-to-market for products
- Reduce non-compliance risks that impact your ability to meet business goals and cause reputational damage
- Enable business continuity by digitizing your compliance process and building corporate memory
- Improve efficiency and enable your team to focus on business critical initiatives rather than manual tasks
- Save time with access to Compliance & Risks’ extensive Knowledge Partner network
Stay On Top Of Your Changing Regulatory Obligations
Tell us your compliance challenges and we will find the solution that’s right for you.