Our environmental legislation in C2P is a collection of many laws and regulations protecting the environment from harmful actions.
Our EH&S: Environment topic focuses on environmental laws and regulations aimed at reducing the impact of facilities on the physical environment like soil, climate, water supply and public health. Specific facility related requirements are usually recorded in an environmental permit.
Legislation imposes obligations on:
- Air emissions (pollutants/noise/odor/dust/light/radiation)
- Waste management (solid and hazardous waste; prevention, storage, transport, treatment)
- Water usage and discharge (sewage/effluent/storm water and spills)
- Soil protection
- Hazardous material management (storage and handling)
- Energy management (energy use and efficiency)
- Emergency preparedness (prevention of and response to accidental release of chemicals/liquids/waste)
Subtopics of EH&S (Environment) include:
- Air including emissions, light, noise, odour and radiation pollution
- Chemicals in EH&S: Environment
- Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- Energy including its use, energy efficiency (of buildings/production processes) and renewable energy
- General – Emergency Preparedness & Response, Environmental Crime, Environmental Management Systems (EMS), Nature Protection, Spatial Planning and Development
- Pollution including soil pollution
- Waste including food and hazardous waste
- Water including its use, discharge, management and pollution
Learn more about our Regulatory Coverage
Speak to one of our team today for more information on our regulatory content.