EH&S: Occupational Health & Safety
Our occupational legislation in C2P is a collection of many laws and regulations protecting workers from exposure to hazards in the workplace.
Occupational Health & Safety (OHS), also commonly referred to as workplace health and safety (WHS), is a multidisciplinary field concerned with protecting the safety, health, and wellbeing of people in the workplace from exposure to hazards resulting from work activities.
Legislation imposes obligations on employers to:
- Examine and control workplace hazards
- Have operating procedures and communicate them so that employees follow safety and health requirements
- Provide safety training in a language and vocabulary workers can understand
- Use color codes, posters, labels or signs to warn employees of potential hazards
- Provide access to employee medical records and exposure records to employee or their authorized representatives
- Report and record all work-related fatalities and inpatient hospitalizations
- Be prepared for emergencies to prevent harm to workers and property
Subtopics of EH&S (Occupational Health & Safety) include:
- Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- General: Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Chemicals in EH&S: Occupational, Health & Safety
- Workplace Noise
- Workplace Radiation
Learn more about our Regulatory Coverage
Speak to one of our team today for more information on our regulatory content.