Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Reporting
ESG Reporting is no longer a nice to have or the preserve of large or listed companies, but is now a strategic & statutory priority, placed on the same footing as financial reporting.
ESG Reporting Content Overview
We are witnessing a profound change in the corporate reporting landscape, with ESG moving from the shadows to centre stage.
These changes are being brought about with regulatory developments such as the proposed EU Directive on Corporate Sustainability Reporting (CSRD) which will require companies to report on sustainability issues from 1 January 2024, ultimately bringing about 49,000 businesses operating in EU markets into scope.
Developments in this area can only be welcomed as it translates to greater transparency with regard to the impact businesses have on the environment and human rights and will mean consumers, citizens, investors and enforcing authorities will be better informed. It also spells the end for any greenwashing being engaged in by companies.
Compliance & Risks helps its customers to stay up to date on their ESG Reporting obligations and empowers them to achieve their ESG Goals by providing global coverage of laws and regulations, proposed, enacted & amended, as well as standards, guidance documents, factsheets and more covering:
- requirements for companies to produce a report on their environmental, social & governmental performance
- certification requirements for sustainability reporting
- on obligations to publish and make available their ESG report
- classification systems for economic activities
- measures to combat greenwashing & increase transparency in respect of sustainability claims made by companies
Compliance & Risks’ coverage of ESG Regulations and Standards is historically comprehensive and includes, but is not limited to:
- EU: Corporate Sustainability Reporting, Draft Directive, April 2021
- EU: Sustainability Related Disclosures in the Financial Sector, Regulation (EU) 2019/2088
- EU: Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD) 2014/95/EU
- EU: Sustainability Taxonomy Regulation (EU) 2020/852
- Mandatory Sustainability reporting standards
We cover standards for our core products that are available from our partner TechStreet. These are available through our Standards Module.
Related ESG Regulatory Content
- Human Trafficking & Slavery
- Chemicals in EHS: Environment
- Illegal Logging
- Conflict Minerals
- Prop 65
- EHS Environment
- Data Protection
- Carbon Footprint
- EU REACH
- Climate Change
- Chemicals in Products
- Circular Economy
- Single-Use Plastics
- EHS: Environment
- EHS: Occupational, Health & Safety
- Chemicals Management
- Transboundary Movement of Hazardous Waste
- Chemicals in EHS: Occupational, Health & Safety
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
Learn more about our Regulatory Coverage
Speak to one of our team today for more information on our regulatory content.